Math coaches and specialists can use this professional development sequence to help primary grade teachers learn about the importance of working with even very young children on informal fraction concepts.
Related Media and Files:
- Creating Story Problems: Initial Fraction Concepts (Tool)
- Discussion Prompts: Initial Fraction Concepts (Tool)
- Developing Effective Fractions Instruction for Kindergarten Through 8th Grade (Practice Guide)
- The Conceptual Basis for Fractions (Video)
- A Learning Trajectory for Fractions (Video)
- Equal Sharing in Grade 1 (Video)