Math coaches and specialists can use this tool to help elementary and middle school interventionists and tutors learn about the use of visual representations in mathematics. The tool details how to conduct a series of three professional development workshops with hands-on activities related to the CRA sequence of instruction.
Related Media and Files:
- Assisting Students Struggling With Mathematics: Response to Intervention (RtI) for Elementary and Middle Schools (Practice Guide)
- Concrete-Representational-Abstract (CRA) Instructional Approach (Sample Material)
- Solving Algebra and Other Story Problems With Simple Diagrams (Sample Material)
- Teaching Students Math Problem-Solving Through Graphic Representations (Sample Material)
- Visual Representations (Video)
- Word Problems (Video)