Instructional leaders can use this workshop plan to help elementary and middle-grades teachers learn about the importance of preparing problems for use in whole-class instruction. Included is a planning worksheet to guide adaptations of problems to focus on mathematical reasoning.
Related Media and Files:
- Planning and Adapting Problems (Tool)
- Resources for Planning Problems (Sample Material)
- Improving Mathematical Problem Solving in Grades 4 Through 8 (Practice Guide)
- Preparing Problems for Classroom Instruction (Video)
- Coach Talk: Preparing for Problem Solving (Video)